Friday, November 5, 2010

Absurd Star Wars Merchandise

Yeah, why not? These are not likely the worse offenders, just stuff I found surfing around one site and either said to myself "UGH/WTF/WHY" to "WTH......but sort of cool". Anyways...

First off, a Princess Slave Leia Costume. Not too bad, except....




For a Dog? Really? Good heavens man, why would you ever want to dress your dog in a bikini slave dress? Pet Owners! AHH! You now scare me with your buying habits! At least pick the Yoda costume if you must dress your pet...
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=2698

Speaking of Yoda...
Yes, that is Yoda dressed as Santa. Though really, think about it. Would you fing mess with Santa if he was Yoda? I think not (well except for maybe an agent of the Devil in Mexico). Plus, your stocking would totally filled a Yoda-themed Chinese Fortune cookie. Sweet.
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1324530

So next we have what seems to be not that big of an absurd thing, just a average poster....
Right, so clearly Padme and Yoda go to snowy planets all the time. But no here's the thing. This costs more than the typical $15 poster by double because (insert drumroll) it's in 3D! Ok, admit tingly, I am not a big 3D fan. But hey if there's something....appealing, that sure I could understand. But what am I suppose to look at? Wow! C3P0 is in the same stance he's always in! Come on. Plus, if I want to look at Yoda in 3d, I'm getting that Santa thing above.
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=104933

But hey, at least that poster isn't this....
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Why Star Wars why? The only potentially redeeming thing about this poster is that maybe it shows what happens if you join the Dark Side (Luke?). I mean.....GAH! It burns,it burns! The only know good thing: There is only 100 copies being made.
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1321010

Lastly (for the day) We have a Bust. Now I'm a big action figure fan. I mean, I have enough to make a small toy museum cry out in glee. So it could just me, but I always assume that Busts were supposed to be more cooler versions of characters. Only the best of the best get busts, and hopefully they are quite cool. So who do we have, over people like Han, Chewie, and the Emperor?

Kit Fisto! You know, that guy next Mace Windu who got killed by Palpatine in ten seconds? Yes, that Guy! I dare say that this is a pretty good attempt at creating a product that no one wants. Unless of coourse the ladies love his fanservice (ish) eyes or tentacles or.....yeah I got nothing.
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1319650

And that's the random post of the day!

PS: Lucas, FYI, Indiana Jones doe NOT count as Star Wars. Sorry.
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1218674

No comments:

Post a Comment